VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS OF THE UNITED STATES
General Orders No. 6 2017-18 Series
1. Commanders on all levels should begin organizing their 2018 Memorial Day "Buddy”® Poppy Campaign. Every Post is urged to order and distribute VFW "Buddy”® Poppies.
2. Attention is directed to Section 213 of the National By-Laws concerning any Post in arrears for any financial obligations to County Council (if applicable), District, Department and National for fees, dues, poppy money, supply money, failing to have the office of Quartermaster properly bonded in accordance with Section 703, failing to ensure that the Post is properly insured in accordance with Section 709, failing to submit properly completed quarterly Post Trustees Report of Audit, Post Election Report for the ensuing year, or other obligations, shall be deprived of all representation in District meetings, County Council meetings (if applicable), District, Department and National Conventions. Such representation shall be restored promptly upon proper adjustment of such deficiencies.
3. Trustees shall not be eligible to serve on committees or as officers whose books, records and accounts are audited by the Trustees. Among the duties of the three (3) elected Post Trustees, they shall:
a. At least monthly, review the Monthly Report of Receipts and Expenditures of the Post Quartermaster.
b. Not later than the end of the month following the last day of each quarterly period, at the direction of the Post Commander, properly audit the books and records of the Post Quartermaster, Post Adjutant and any activity, clubroom, holding company or unit sponsored, conducted or operated by, for or on behalf of the Post and submit a Post Trustees Report of Audit to the Department Quartermaster for referral to the Department Inspector.
c. The Report shall be in accordance with and upon such form as may be prescribed by the Adjutant General. The audit shall be signed by the Post Commander and Trustees, who shall, by their signatures, certify to the accuracy of the information contained therein.
d. Perform such other duties as may be incident to the office or may from time to time be required by the laws and usages of the organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
4. Proof of Eligibility Requirements for Officers: All Posts, Districts and Departments should be reminded of the provisions of Sections 216, 416, and 516 of the Manual of Procedure that officers, elected and appointed, shall not be installed or assume the duties of their office until proof of eligibility has been submitted to the respective Adjutant and properly reviewed.
5. Certificates of charter evidencing consolidation have been issued to the following Posts:
Post Nos. 10753 and 5332 are consolidated as Post No. 10753, South Sioux City, Nebraska
Post Nos. 10094 and 9643 are consolidated as Post No. 10094, Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
BY COMMAND OF
KEITH E. HARMAN
Brian J. Duffy